I already visited WhenInManila.com before I even meet Vince Golangco (one of the owner/contributor on the blog) in person at the DigitalFilipino E-Commerce Summit at Hotel Intercon. Actually I discovered the site thru YouTube.com in which Vince is a pseudo TV reporter  making fun of the current events in the Philippines.

Here are the good things & not so good things about When In Manila, I will write it in bullets because I can't really construct good English sentences :)


Good Thing:
  • I really liked how the website is constructed. I like the color & it's easy to navigate from pages to pages.
  • I lurved the Jeepney icon, the one that  conceptualized it must have a monument.
  • No ads at all.. well almost. That's a good thing because most Pinoy bloggers want to make money out of the ads on their blog hehe

Not So Good Thing:
  • The homepage is so big & take time to load, prolly because of some videos on the front page. Dial-up users will not be pleased LOL
  • If you're talking about Philippines in your blog, talk  in Filipino especially in your videos or atleast 10% of the content is in Filipino. That's just a suggestion though.
  • The host is so "slang" at his videos (peace! hehe) it's like the target market of this website is upper A & B people & those Filipinos abroad. Well if that's your target audience, then good. What about the others? hehe
  • The blog uses http://www.wheninmanila.com/?p=976 instead of http://www.wheninmanila.com/the-ultimate-taste-event/ I heard that's not search engine friendly, I dunno why.