10 December 2009

WhenInManila.com Review

★JayL Aquino


I already visited WhenInManila.com before I even meet Vince Golangco (one of the owner/contributor on the blog) in person at the DigitalFilipino E-Commerce Summit at Hotel Intercon. Actually I discovered the site thru YouTube.com in which Vince is a pseudo TV reporter  making fun of the current events in the Philippines.

Here are the good things & not so good things about When In Manila, I will write it in bullets because I can't really construct good English sentences :)


Good Thing:
  • I really liked how the website is constructed. I like the color & it's easy to navigate from pages to pages.
  • I lurved the Jeepney icon, the one that  conceptualized it must have a monument.
  • No ads at all.. well almost. That's a good thing because most Pinoy bloggers want to make money out of the ads on their blog hehe

Not So Good Thing:
  • The homepage is so big & take time to load, prolly because of some videos on the front page. Dial-up users will not be pleased LOL
  • If you're talking about Philippines in your blog, talk  in Filipino especially in your videos or atleast 10% of the content is in Filipino. That's just a suggestion though.
  • The host is so "slang" at his videos (peace! hehe) it's like the target market of this website is upper A & B people & those Filipinos abroad. Well if that's your target audience, then good. What about the others? hehe
  • The blog uses http://www.wheninmanila.com/?p=976 instead of http://www.wheninmanila.com/the-ultimate-taste-event/ I heard that's not search engine friendly, I dunno why.

About the Author

★JayL Aquino / Author & Editor

Has laoreet percipitur ad. Vide interesset in mei, no his legimus verterem. Et nostrum imperdiet appellantur usu, mnesarchum referrentur id vim.

1 Reactions:

  1. That's all I'm not really good at this :))

    ReplyDelete

"Parents spend the first part of our lives teaching us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up."

About Me

My photo
Blogosphere, Philippines
is a lifestyle blogger, social media strategist for a local celebrity management company and a part-time digital marketing, blogspot designer and website administrator | Contact: jay.elx@gmail.com

About Us

Popular Posts

Social Share Icons

Latest Posts

Pinoy Food Trip

BLOG-PH.com